3 ways to get a thicker ponytail
There are three different ways on how to wear a ponytail using clip in hair extensions: a sleek high ponytail, a messy ponytail, and a romantic ponytail. These styles are quick and easy to create, which makes it a perfect choice for an everyday hairstyle.
You can use regular clip in hair extension wefts through the beauty of these techniques, without having to purchase a faux clip in ponytail.
How to have high sleek ponytail with extensions
- You will start off with creating a small ponytail at the crown of your head. This little ponytail will act as a secure base for clipping in the hair extensions.
- You take a 3 clip weft and start clipping it in around the ponytail. You must be sure to clip in as close to the hair elastic as possible, so that you will have space to clip in other wefts. The tighter you clip these wefts in around the hair elastic, it will feel more comfortable.
- You will continue to clip 2 and 3 clip wefts in the same manner, around the ponytail that you’ve created.
- For extra thickness, you can use 1 clip wefts and simply clip them onto the wefts that are already clipped into your hair.
- Then, gather all your hair into a high ponytail and make sure that it covers the wefts. The smaller the base, the easier is to conceal it. This is why it was important to clip them in tightly. Secure the ponytail with a hair tie and smooth away any fly aways.
- To finish off the look, you just take a hair strand and wrap it around the base of your ponytail. Not only will this hide the hair elastic, but will also give a very polished and unique look
How to quick messy ponytail using hair extensions
- The whole idea is to clip in the wefts in the same direction. Your hair would go in naturally when put up in a ponytail.
- You will separate some hair at the front and clip in a 2 clip weft as you normally would. If you want more volume in your ponytail, you can clip in two wefts in this section.
- You separate the hair mid-way and flip upside down. You must leave enough hair extensions at the nape of the neck to cover the wefts afterwards.
- You will continue clipping in wefts, but this time upside down. This way, when you put up your Vietnam Virgin hair in a high ponytail, the clips will not pull at your roots and will feel very comfortable.
- You take out random hair pieces and baby hairs at the front to frame your face and get that messy look going. You tug at the top of your hair to loosen up the ponytail.
- You take random sections of the ponytail, and tease them. You can use natural hairspray to set the look. For extra texture, you should scrunch the hair upwards with your hand.
How to have a romantic ponytail with extensions
- For this hairstyle, you can either clip in some wefts (3 or 4 clip wefts) or the full set for extra thickness. Clip in the wefts as you normally would because this ponytail sits lower on our head.
- You pull up the hair into a low ponytail. You start curling your ponytail in soft curls.
- After that, you brush out the curls for a soft and romantic look. Your remy human hair is complete. You look beautiful with romantic ponytail