Tape-in hair extensions tips and tricks
Hi guys, welcome back to Oscarhair! In the session of tape in hair extension, we all know about How to install tape-ins, the advantages and disadvantages of tape-ins, and today’s discussion is truly a manual that contain many interesting tips for you to use tape in effectively. Stay tuned and figure it out with us!
- Tips for taking care of tape-in hair extensions
There are some tips could be helpful for you to wear seamless tape in, and here we go!
- Keep your hair detangling and clean. It’s quite challenging for today’s environment, your hair has to exposure to sweat and dust all the time and those are the biggest enemy of tape. Tape hates the oily environment and dust because these factors decrease the strength of tape. Washing your hair carefully and avoid dirty place is a good idea.
- You shouldn’t detangle your hair when it is wet. Your real hair could suffer breakage because it could recover later but your hair extension – the dead hair couldn’t regrow, so be careful when combing the hair.
- Combing wisely. For tape in hair extension, you should hold the bonds and brush it gently to avoid pulling the bonds and don’t use plastic comb- that is the reason for tangle and breakage.
- Don’t over washing and choose the right hair care products. Overwashing could make you lose control of the enough oil on the fibers and the result is dry fibers. Next, it’s advisable to choose the hair care products which don’t contain oil, alcohol or ethanol. These chemicals make your tape wear down and damage the hair extension. It advisable to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner as well as 100% natural hair products to keep hair extensions in good condition.
- Don’t conditioning close to the scalp. Not only to avoid the pore stuck, but also to keep the tape work well. Hair conditioners will make the tape loser and fall out more easily. Oil or serum also, using only from the mid shaft to the end of the weft. Natural based hair care products like coconut oil is highly recommended, they are light, easy to absorb than synthetic one.
- Heat involving? Sometimes you couldn’t have enough time to air dry and you must blow dry instead. In that case, heat protectant spray will be your friend to protect the cuticle. This step will also beneficial for your real hair indeed!
- Every 12 to 16 weeks, your tape in will need to be reapplied to move the bonds closer to the scalp or replace the bonds to make sure that your tape in will do its job well because within this time, your hair will grow more and the tape are weaker.
- Hair loss during wear tape in? Don’t worry. In fact, our body gets rid of 50 to 100 old fiber each day so if you see the hair breakage, you shouldn’t be in doubt that tape ins is the reason.
- Tips for installing the tape in hair extension
Installing the tape-in hair extension is not difficult process, even you could apply by yourselves at home or ask your mother or your friends to help but there are still some tips and tricks help you do it successfully at the first time.
- Make sure hair is clarified and no conditioner is used on the roots. If any conditioner or oily at the roots, your tape ins couldn’t adhesive as well as it should be
- Apply in a bricklay pattern to ensure the hair moves naturally. If you apply a row identical to the one below it, the hair won’t move naturally—it will be obvious that she’s got extensions.
- Use at least two, and for each sandwich, apply the darker shade on the bottom of the sandwich and the lighter shade on top. That makes your hair overall naturally look. Otherwise, using only one shade of extension on the entire head screams “this hair is not really mine!”
- Choosing the right hair thickness to stick to tape in. You should take a slice that is thick enough for the extension to stay put as the client’s hairstyle sheds, but not so thick that the tapes don’t make complete contact.
- Making a good connection. Using pliers to squeeze or press the bonds after applying could make the bonds more strong. This tips ensure there’s no air bubble between 2 tapes and result in long lasting hair extension.
- Be careful not to apply the extension too close to the root of the hair. This is because it will allow the tape extension to move and sit comfortably. Otherwise, there will be pulling and it will cause too much strain between your scalp and the roots of your hair. With this method, you are allowing for the tape hair extensions to also be styled without forcefully pulling on your roots too much.
- Tips for removing the tape in hair extension
The most important thing in removing Vietnam hair is using adhesive remover which makes your root free from sticky adhesive tape. However, what if you didn’t have any adhesive tape remover in case of emergency? These below tips could be helpful for you.
- Use natural oil. If you don’t have any remover, you can do it the natural wavy hair by using hair oils as an alternative. Instead of using chemically based products, you may opt for natural oils which are healthy for your strands. You may use any of these: coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil or baby oil. Apply it at the roots and let it sit for at least 15 minutes to let the oil seep through the bonds. The oil breaks the tape bonds which helps you to easily detach the tape wefts from your mane. However, using oil could take longer to entirely remove the product rather than using a regular remover. It takes about an hour to complete the removal process.
- Peanut butter. It is not crazy. Apply and leave it on your head for at least 30 minutes. The natural oil from the peanut butter can break the glue and tape bonds in the same manner an almond oil or baby oil does.
All in all, those above are Tape-in hair extensions tricks, hope that they are helpful for you. If you want to contribute more tips to this post, leave your comment below or contact Whatsapp +84936164010 or fanpage OSCAR HAIR!