How to look after curly hair?
Born with curly hair are gift and insecurity as well. A floating and strong curly hair is the dream for all girls (that’s why heating tool is very popular) so if you are born with curly hair, you’re very lucky. However, taking care of curly hair has some differences from other hair textures, you should take a notice to nourish your hair properly. Today we are discussing about how to look after the curly hair, stay with us and figure out the most effective tactics!
- Pre-shampoo routine
As the name says, pre-shampoo routine is all about what you should do before washing your curly hair. Pre-shampoo routine help you easily detangle in post-shampoo steps and is a good preparation for washing with ease. Many curly girls get rid of this steps to jump to washing but actually you shouldn’t do it. Pre-shampoo steps really affect your success in following steps.
In this step, using conditioner or hair oil to apply to dry curly hair. Because the curly hair is more voluminous and bouncy than other types, it is advisable to divide your hair into sections or parts to apply conditioner easily and help you see the hair line clearly to work the conditioner under 1 inch from the scalp. You shouldn’t apply conditioner on your scalp to avoid pore clogging. Also because you shouldn’t brush your curly hair too much, this step is also alternative choice to detangle your hair. Actually when your curly hair is tangling, brushing is just help you break the hair fibres and remove them, so it’s not good for your curly hair. Instead, detangling by conditioner is more curly-hair friendly. Leave it for 5 mins before washing.
If you cannot wait to use conditioner, you need to brush carefully. It’s worth each dollar to invest in high quality comb. Patiently dividing your hair into section and use a very wide-tooth comb and detangle gently, section by section. A tip for you is adding some oil to your comb before brushing, it’s more effective.
- Washing routine
- Don’t overdo it. Curly hair is very vulnerable to dehydration, so overwashing your hair could cause your hair to dry. Excessive shampoo is also harmful to your hair, it detracts the oil from your hair and make you feel clean but actually it’s not good, it makes your scalp be tired of producing more oil.
- Choosing right kind of shampoo. Please looking at ingredients like your habit. Choose the alcohol and sulfate free shampoo as they make your hair dry, avoid these things at all cost. You should also skip daily shampoo, 2 or 3 times washing your hair is ok.
- Cleanse your scalp. Your washing step must get rid of all dust, dead skin, excess oil and dirt to make a good environment for hair growth. For curly hair, an effective for you is dividing your hair into 4 sections: fore head, behind head and 2 side of head and washing part after part. Twist or clip away all but the first section. Apply a small amount of shampoo or cleansing conditioner to your scalp and work it in thoroughly. Then gently squeeze it down along the lengths. Repeat on each of the sections. You can divide into more section if your curly hair is super thick. Try to use your palm to clean the hair to avoid tangle
- Rinse your hair. Rinse your hair carefully under water to remove all the shampoo before the next step.
- Warm water or cold water? It depends on your hair quality. If your hair is super drying, you should turn off the hot faucet for the cuticle to shut and keep the moisture. Conversely, if your hair is over oily, warm water is necessary to remove excess oil and dust more effectively.
- Moisturizing your hair
With curly hair, conditioning the hair is very important to replenish moisture to your curly hair. Frizzy curly hair and untidy hair is very different, conditioning the curly hair is also necessary. After rinsing your hair, air dry your hair or use cotton towels to absorb excess water on your hair, apply conditioner then. Choose the nature-based conditioner which is quickly absorbed by your hair and don’t make your curl sit flat.
Using hair mask once a week is very good for your hair. If you are in hectic lifestyle, you cannot conditioning frequently your hair, you’d better spend your weekend to masking your hair once. Leaving your hair in 15 or 20 mins and then washing it away.
- After getting out of the water, use your cotton towel to absorb excess water and gently scrunch the leftover water. Do not rub your hair harshly, scrub, swirl or bunning your hair on top of your head while shampooing can be disastrous for curls. This type of manipulation leads to the type of tangles you don’t even want to think about.
- Air dry or blow dry? If your hair is at-birth curly, air dry is your best choice. But if your hair color trend 2019 is curl style, applying styling serum to help your hair hold the curl better and moisture before blow dry.
- Don’t brush your hair when it is wet so don’t interrupt your hair when it’s drying. Avoid playing or gliding your fingers along your hair, otherwise, wholesale hair gets more tanglings.
- Hair care routine in bed
Try to equip your pillowcase with satin materials. Rough cotton pillowcase will absorb the moisture from your hair and satin one doesn’t; cotton is not friendly with your curly hair when it makes your hair become more frizzy satin doesn’t. Satin is hair-friendly materials for all types of hair, including curly hair. Especially, try to wrap your hair in satin cap to keep curl sleek and intact. Remember, use cotton towels to absorb excess water and use satin scarf to mask your hair in hair conditioner.
All in all, those above are some tips to look after curly hair. Hopefully, these tips could be helpful for you to achieve the healthy curly hair. If you don’t want to spend a lot of time to take care of hair, curly hair extension is a good alternative choice, check Whatsapp +84936164010 or fanpage OSCAR HAIR for a high quality hair extension!