How to Install a Full Lace Wig With Glue
How to Install a Full Lace Wig With Glue is very easy. Then Oscar Hair will preview for you.
Step 1: Preparation
- Wash your scalp with soap and water to ensure the application area is oil free. Spray scalp protector directly on your head to act as a barrier between your skin and the adhesive.
- Apply adhesive with the brush to areas onto which the wig will attach. Using the cool air setting, blow dry the adhesive for about 30 seconds.
- Place the front part of the wig on your forehead and press firmly with both hands for at least 60 seconds. Attach the sides to the matching areas on your scalp and press firmly again for some minutes.
Step 2: Trim the lace on the full lace wig
- Trim the lace on the full lace wig if on the first time you use your wig. This step does not need to be done if the lace has already been trimmed by the manufacturer. To trim the lace, put the wig on your head. Use hair clips to fasten the wig hair back away from your scalp line.
- Use a pair of sharp scissors and cut small amounts of lace at a time to avoid cutting too much. Be careful not to cut any parts of the wig hair. Leave a little bit of lace sticking out past the wig hairline.
Step 3: Protect your skin
- Clean the skin by your hairline with a cotton ball dampened with isopropyl alcohol to remove body oils that could prevent the wig adhesive from sticking properly. Apply scalp protector to the skin by your hairline if you have sensitive skin.
Step 4: Apply adhesive
- Using your fingers to apply your favorite edge control product or gel to lay down your edges to perfection.
- If using adhesive glue, apply a thin layer to the entire hairline using a small makeup brush.
- If using a soft bond adhesive, don’t apply the wig immediately. Wait until the glue has become tacky.
- If using a hard bond adhesive, the type of glue bonds immediately and the wig can be applied immediately.
Step 5: Attach the wig
- Line the wig part up as you want and use the comb to secure it onto your hair. Don’t pull too tight. Those attaching a wig hair with glue should start by attaching the wig at the hairline in the front middle of the forehead. Gently press the edge of the wig down against the glued skin, working around the hairline until it is attached around the entire hairline.
Step 6: Style your wig
- Pull the full wig curly hair down and adjust as necessary. Flat ironing can help the top of wig smooth like your Vietnam hair. Press down on the edges of the wig for 5 seconds to make the adhesive stick to your skin. After that, you can style the wig as you want.
- Put the lace frontal wig on your head. To find the front center of the wig, parting the hair on the wig and it will reveal the hairline. The middle of the wig hairline should line up with the middle of your forehead at your hairline.